E-wareness Contest Rules
• Only ballots with a name and contact information will be considered eligible.
• Participants are eligible to receive prizes at the local contest entry location as well as regional prizes.
• Only one entry per person per location.
• Winners will be contacted to arrange for prize pick-ups.
• The contest is open to residents of Halton region, students who attend a Halton school, or Halton public library users. Staff members who work in school or public libraries are not eligible.
• Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received at each partner location.
• Each partner will have local prizes to award. Prizes vary according to local library system or school board. For 2008, each location will award one Wii console and in some locations, $150 gift certificates will be awarded.
• Regional prizes will be awarded seperately. For 2008, regional prizes include a laptop, digital camera and portable DVD player.
• Ballots are available at participating locations that are part of Halton District School Board, Halton Catholic District School Board, Burlington Public Library, Halton Hills Public Library, Milton Public Library and Oakville Public Library.
• Hand-drawn facsimiles of ballots will not be eligible.
• Answers to E-wareness questions must be correct to be eligible for the prize draws.
• Winners agree to have their names and photos publicized in local media and online.
• Local prize draws will occur on Friday November 7, 2008. All correct ballots will then be entered into the regional prize draw on Friday November 14, 2008.
For more informaiton, please refer to the E-wareness Guidelines.